Friday, January 2, 2009

It happens only in India

Well its been along time I visited my own blog..I was kinda stuck (rather I am ) with some engineering formalities. So taking some out of the mess I am back ..
To start with the post lemme wish all of you Happy New Year.Well lucky you that you are not busy in preparing for a semester exam when outside you can feel the fun and the enjoyment happening.Certainly takes me back in School Days .Leaving behind my half yearly sorrow let me
come to the point !
It didn't take me time to give a title to the post .Well if you are a regular follower (If not Start reading today ) you must be knowing how many problems i have With out Great Country "India".

So if you think this post is gonna be yet another "Ankur's" reflection about the "Poor" and "Messed Up" India you definitely need to give it a thought coz you are wrong !!
Finally I have found something to really cherish about my motherland.Its just the incident that happened to me 3 days back !!

I was coming back home and just then something went wrong with my bike and it stopped .I tried Black and blue to start it but in vain So i was pushing it and hoping that my house comes soon.The only thong i had in mind was that I have to push it all by myself and somehow reach home.I could see people passing me on their vehicles.It seemed that the smoke coming out it was laughing at my helpless state..

Many passed no one realized there was a poor soul pushing a 120kg demon on the road..Amongst those selfless and unaware herd was a Supportive soul who offered me help.. as i was walking the distance i saw a old couple going on LUNA(a 25 cc motorbike).As they passed me I could see the lady behind looking and me and the moment she looked at me she told something to her husband(I suppose) ..They were around 100 mts away then.

The old man stopped and saw me in need.He moved on .I was wondering why did he stop in the first place .I saw the person taking a U turn to go to his right lane(the other section of the road) and going against my direction . Just2 minutes after ,I saw the same person coming from behind .He stopped and I realized that he took those 2 extra U turns for me.ButWHy ?? Who am i to him ? I Was asking Myself this question and just then I heard a soft and a gentle voice saying "Beta kya hua"?(What happened son). I was like Nothing Sir just some problem with bike. he asked me if I needed Petrol I was like No sir thank u I will manage..He took a can he had in his hand and started popping out petrol from his Petrol Tank.I was shocked and surprised..This was weird to me..I didn't know him after all!

I asked him to stop just then and told him that i had enough of It.He was like ok fine He even offered to push my bike.I was like stunned.Why is a unknown person showing so mush interest in helping me ! after repeated offering and refusals (sounds like proposing to gal and the gal rejecting again and again :-P) i asked him what pushes him to help me. Ofcourse, i didn't mean to offend him .he was like"Tum hmare bete ki tara ho"(you are like our son") .Agr tumhari jaga hmara beta hota to tab bhi hum rukte na"(if it would have been our son in your place we would have stopped") !!I thanked him and said that i would help myself .I could see him not satisfied for not being able to help me.but somehow I managed !

Well I was feeling really good to see such kind of humanitarian souls who had love for others in today's time.. I Proudly say this "IT HAPPENS ONLY IN INDIA"!
You won't find any damn place in the world where a unknown would consider you his son just by seeing that You need help !!
Well yeah it May seem to be just another incident to anyone but being involved in it and looking at those helping eyes of the person i was bound to think more and more about it.. I would never forget that face for sure !!
Hats Off... I wish i was like them...!!

Hey i would like to invite the readers to tell me something they experienced which makes them feel that there is no place like India!
Do share your experiences..!

1 comment:

Rimmi said...

well, not that i can think of any incidence(i;m sure i had some too!!)but i agree with u that India is the only place where people are sooo helpful...no matter how corrupt our politicians are n all other problems we face here BUT India is definitely unique in it;s own way!!!
"India is India...no other country can replace it. Never!"