Sunday, October 26, 2008

Golden temple..A Sparkling Monument !!


So its the festive season going on here and most of the people in India are busy Shopping or enjoying themselves at home.Its Diwali Time fellas !!

I had a break from my regular schedule some days back .It was time for some expedition with my family. I remember last time i went somewhere with my family was nearly 5 years ago..
Actually we planned to go to Vaishno Devi and Amritsar.. I have been to Vaishno Devi a lot of times but i had never been to Amritsar or more specifically The Golden Temple !! So I Was very much excited about my visit.I had heard a lot about the beauty of the Golden Temple. So i always wished to see it.My desire came true this time .

As i stepped out of the vehicle I could see the outside of the Harmandir Sahib (The Golden Temple)..It was lit up beautifully.As i moved down the stairs from the main entrance i could see the great monument shining ..It filled my eyes with amazement..hell It is beautiful.There were many people around but still calmness persisted.It was really a nice feeling.
It is a place of both stupendous beauty and sublime peacefulness. Originally a small lake in the midst of a quiet forest, the site has been a meditation retreat for wandering mendicants and sages since deep antiquity.
The shining façade of this graceful gurudwara is accentuated not only by hundreds lights but by the faith and devotion it commands from its followers, many of whom are not even of the Sikh faith.
The airwaves are dominated by the sweet sounds of gurbani, the Sikhs hymns.
There is a sarovar right in between and the people can be seen sitting besides the edge in peace and enjoying the warmth and the peace that is present there !! Bathing in the Amrit Sarovar is of course an ancient tradition. The water is believed to have healing powers and so draws the sick and the ailing from all faiths.
The streets around the complex are dotted with many gurudwaras and spots of historical interest. The temple is situated in the oldest area of the city, abutted by ancient, crowded bazaars dotted with elderly historical buildings.
may be this was the only religious place which i didn't want to leave . !!
I regret of not having visited it Earlier!!

Satnaam waheguru !!

2 comments:

Charu!! said...

seriously yar.. Its so beautiful..
n a calm place as well..
I've been there too a couple of weeks before with my gang..njoyed a lot..

Reagrds,
Charu!

Anonymous said...

i totally agree wid u buddy....
cheers